Sunday, June 25, 2006

Opppppppps I did it again!


8 bags x 80lbs each = a crap load of concrete!

Well last time we used 8 bags and had more than enough. This time I had 8 bags and barely made it. A little thicker pour with less glass, and it was close.

This mix was going great, up the point where mother nature decided to dump rain on us. About 1/2 way through all of the pours and the heavens opened up. Not the best thing for wet concrete. This had me running all over for things to cover the ones I had poured, and to cover my mix. I think we got away with just a little bit of extra water in everything.

I went with a little bit of glass, all the little bits that I screened through in the first batch. This is more like the stuff that I used in all of my tests. I am confident that it will work. I just wish that it were not so humid and damp outside.

1 comment:

KindOfBlues71 said...

I'm anxious to see how your countertops turn out! Practice makes perfect, right? Please keep the pics coming!