Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Back to church...back to work.

Saturday I prepared myself for church. I knew I would be going. I knew that I would wake up sunday morning, grab my best clothes and coffee and fire up the Chevy. I knew that I was going to be one of the first into the parking lot. I just knew I was going to get that "up front" spot.

And Last sunday I did just that. And I think I only spent $24 dollars. I just love/hate going to Lowe's on Sunday. But.....I had to do it. It is plumbing time and I had to get it done. With a little help from the 07 DIY assistant of the year (Bill Maunz) and his loaning of the pex crimping tool, I was able to get the water supply lines in. Pretty easy to do folks. If you can arm wrestle your infant cousin you can install PEX. You measure, you cut, you slide on the ring, you install the fitting, and then you CRIMP. WAH-LAH!



So I have been bitten by the bug again. After a long long long vacation from DIY upstairs, I am back into full swing. As full swing as a new dad can be. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I just hope that it isn't attached to a major issue.

One issue that I did have was when I was trying to install the worlds easiest faucet. (Kohler Fairfax narrow set) It wasn't the faucet that was bad. It was the sink. A Kohler sink that had a small defect where the drain goes. On the bottom where you tighten a gasket up to meet the bottom of the sink, was a small spot on the sink where the porcelain was missing or didn't come out of the mold correctly. So after 15 tries or so to get this damn thing in correctly I have pulled the sink and am planning a trip to the ugly orange box of sin and filth to return it

So folks the DIY bug is back and the project is back on track. Stay tuned for more fun and cursing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still no routing hoppy love. :(