Saturday, March 18, 2006

Someone's in the kitchen with Dyna



Today I started the kitchen remodel......

I met with Bryan (an engineer by trade) and Adam (our electrician) to discuss the weekends events. Little did I know that come 8 am this morning that I would be standing in a lumber yard, sipping coffee and gathering my LVL beams for the wall.

The wall is between the kitchen and dining room. The kitchen is in the back of the house, the dining room and living room have a large opening between them, but the kitchen was in never never land. Our idea is to open this up with a gigantic opening, with two bars, that will connect the kitchen to the other rooms.


The wires are cut, the drywall (which is more like hardy board with how hard this stuff is) is down, and the floors are all cleaned up. Tomorrow Bryan is coming by to help me frame it up. Bryan did a big beam in his own house, so I feel pretty good having him helping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the smell of a cut LVL in the morning. Post some photos when you get a chance. It all sounds could so far. I look forward to seeing the change.