Saturday, July 15, 2006

Dry fit test with the sink


Today is a big day!

The goal today is to dry fit and seal the areas around the sink and stove. We are just dying to cook and clean in our own dwelling, so its a ball busting day out in the Carolina heat.

I rounded all of the exposed edges so that they are smooth to the touch. It's not that difficult once you have a feel for the polisher. I don't really see why you would pay for all of those expensive forms that do it for you in the pour. This way worked great.

After all of that work was complete we pulled the two large slabs into the kitchen and put them up on the cabinets. I hear that we are going to be getting some pretty major storms this evening so i wanted to bring them in to dry. With a couple of fans on them and the AC going, I should get the sealant on there today.

While things were drying in the cave we made a trip to the local farmers market. I really wish we could have spent more time there, but the main goal was accomplished. LOCAL BEES WAX! 100% pure from a local beekeeper. I am so excited to use this stuff. Here is the man that sold me a gigantic block for 10 bucks!

No comments: