Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Slurry....mmmmmm slurry!


Jefe---the largest slab of concrete in our kitchen


Slurry---not a ice cream treat from Dairy Queen.


Today I worked Jefe down to the look we like. Pad 1 and 2 took just about 4 hours total to work. The feel of this one is great, not too many bubble holes, and the glass is well balanced. After I get done with pad 2 I apply the non-DQ slurry. The slurry is made of white portland cement and a heavy mix of black pigment. Work that over and over and over the slab, giving it plenty of time to fill the bubble holes.


This picture shows jefe after the slurry was applied.

Tomorrow I will finish up a corner piece that meets up with Jefe. I will work it with the next 5 pads and bring it in to let it dry. The Carolina humidity doesn't allow for the concrete to dry out completely before the sealant is applied. Thursday night, Jefe will become the final piece to polish.

No comments: