Sunday, July 30, 2006

I put the polisher away


I fugure that I have spent about 15 hours on the polisher for this kitchen. 900 minutes! Was it worth it? Oh yeah. Every bit worth it. Nick and I had talked about concrete countertops for a while, I had watched that DIY Rocksolid show 3 or 4 times, I had pages in Chengs book marked, the time had come.

Late last week we brought Jefe and his little brother in to dry out. The NC humidity would not allow for it to dry outside. Saturday we seeled it all up. We left the windows open, the fans on and today (sunday) we were able to glue it in place and wax it. It looks great.

Along with getting the final two pieces in, we were able to Prime the old trim, get the bases for the bars installed, the molding that covers the plywood under the countertops nailed in, the weeds in the front yard pullled, two trips to the dump (hey our dump is free! I can't believe it!),
1/4 round for the bases of the cabinets stained, and San-San somehow managed to find the table!

Now we are not going to keep this amazing table in our dinning room for long. We went and purchased a new one yesterday. A grown up table! We are super duper stoked on that! At least 6 of you can come on over and dine. Well make that 4 because I think Adam and Brian will be eatting with us for a while to repay all of the help that they gave.

I hear that some folks in SC have gotten the bug recently and are trying to pass us in our project. Well i know that we will be done before you even get your cabinets! ooooohhhhh yeah...... (just kidding there, we can't wait to see all of the hard work you have done!)

2 comments:

nick said...

Is that Sandy moonwalking in the kitchen? Billie Jean is not my....

Looks good!

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing...have I ever mentioned how much I hate my countertops???