Sunday, July 16, 2006

WE CAN COOK AND WASH!

Superbowl sunday just got replaced!

We made some great progress today. With the countertops sealed and the wax purchased, it was go time! One thing that we ran into was the beeswax wasn't really usable. We heated it up and tried to apply it, but it really just returned to it's solid state upon contact with the concrete. A quick call to the chemist / jack of all trades (Bill-Sandy's dad) and we were in business. We mixed the wax with mineral spirits to make a really nice paste. The paste dries as the mineral spirits evaporate and leaves a nice shine after a quick buff. Super cool that we are using some local beeswax.

I went ahead and learned how to do basic PVC plumbing. Nothing fancy but a real money saver. Adam wired up the dishwasher at 11pm thursday night, so everything was really easy par cheesey. Did I think it was going to be that easy? NO WAY JOSE! I honestly owe it all to the department manager of plumbing at LOWE'S. No joke, that guy walked me through everything that I was going to need and it was dead on!

I went ahead and hooked up the garbage disposal too. I did make one mistake. I had the powersupply switch in the wrong location and I supplied myself with a little shock. My thumb was the only thing that touched and it is still numb. Oh well...lesson learned!


No comments: