Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spring in Raleigh NC



Spring really sneaks up on you here in Raleigh. It seems like you go from keeping an eye on the gas bill to BAM! windows open, cordless lawnmower plugged in, bulbs popping up, and pollen making my black pick-up look like it has some alien dandruff sprinkled all over it. It really was like someone just flipped a switch and made the dark beers go away, bringing us lighter flavors and colors. I just love it! Here is a the view from our front porch this afternoon-


This weekend we went down to Columbia SC for a little family get together. It is really awesome to be able to load up the truck, hit the road and be with family in 4 hours or less. No matter how much I end up missing the left coast, there will always be something about being so close to home.


This afternoon I was able to slap a couple of coats of paint up on the laundry closet doors. The best part about that was that I got to do it out on the front porch. Blue sky, a nice pint of pyramid hef and some modest mouse rocking out the house. LOVE IT! It could always be worse right ? YES it could be! (Please read the final paragraph)



I am going to try to get the rest of the base boards primed and painted this week as well as get the insulation blower thingy reserved for a fun filled weekend of attic work. I know that those posts will be bitchin!

No comments: