Saturday, December 02, 2006

I love DEMOLITION!



There is just something about demolition. Maybe it is the fear of what you are about to do really can't be undone without some investment of time and material. Maybe it is the curiosity side of me that wants to see how this house was constructed. But then again maybe it is just the fact that I love to use powertools and that I really like to destroy things. It's really all three, but the destruction that is associated with discovery is most enjoyable.


Today Sandy and I started on the demolition part of the remodel. One wall was in the way and it lasted all of about 10 minutes. The majority of today's time was spent trying to salvage old bead-board that covers the old kitchenette from floor to light fixture. We decided that we will leave the original bead board 1/2 up the wall, with some new drywall coming for the rest of the room.



2 comments:

Troy Farwell said...

I'm with you - I love demo! There is something about tearing stuff down...

Good luck
Troy

Troy Farwell said...

I am with you - I love demo!

Good luck
Troy