Saturday, December 09, 2006

The mess we make.



It is the part of the DIY show that they never let you see. The piles of debris that litter what was once a clean space. It's the countless trips to the dump, the rows of trash cans full of old drywall and insulation. What are they afraid of? That people will get a real view of what it is like? I sort of like making the piles and watching them change. From start to finish, the content of the piles have character and show the progress.
Today I finished up my subfloor project. Wouldn't you know that the floor joists change direction 1/2 way across the floor. I am going to have to do some work where we will be putting the drain line for the new 3" shower drain, but it shouldn't be that bad. The plumber came over today to see what the job is going to be like. It looks like we should have the rough in done next saturday!


I was able to stop by re-use on the way home and score a door for the new closet. It is a little different than the one that is original, but for 20 bucks I wasn't really going to complain too much. I had to trim it down to make it fit, but all and all, not a bad door. I hope to get the walls for the closets framed tomorrow if at all possible. Well that will be after my morning run to the dump. You know you might go to the dump when they recognize you and begin to help you unload because you are a regular.

1 comment:

Addie said...

I love sorting the piles of debris from my house too. I have piles for recylable (several kinds), reusable, ooh...let's hold onto those, garbage, burnable, and "don't we still need these?"